Early Summer Pasta Salad
Recipe courtesy of Pasta Gardner
1 pkg. Pasta Gardner Pasta (Radiatore or Fusilli)
1/2 lb arugula
1 ea. feta (Ferns Edge Dairy)
1 bunch red torpedo onions
1/2 bunch basil
1 bunch breakfast radishes
1 bunch baby carrots
juice of one lemon
4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Pasta salad can have varied ingredient amounts. Use this as a guideline. Adjust to taste.
1. Bring about 4-5 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Once the water is boiling add salt and cook pasta 2-3 minutes.
3. Strain and shock in cold water until cool, remove from water and reserve.
4. Pick and tear the arugula leaves into smaller pieces, thinly slice the onion, crumble the cheese. Pick about 1/4 cup of basil leaves and cut into thin strips (chiffoade). Thinly slice the radishes and carrots.
5. In a large bowl mix the lemon juice with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
6. Toss all the ingredients together in the dressing, adjust with additional lemon juice and salt and pepper
7. Present in a large wood or ceramic bowl. Bon Appetitio!