Farmers Market Paella
Recipe by Chef Karl Zenk, Marché
- In a pot, heat 6 cups of stock, vegetable or other, with 1 tsp. saffron.
- In a separate 16-inch Paella pan or large skillet, heat 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Add 2 diced small onions and fry until translucent.
- Add 2 diced red peppers and 4 – 5 cloves diced garlic.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp. hot and 1 Tbsp. sweet Spanish paprika.
- When cooked add 16 oz pureed tomato and cook moisture out.
- Stir in 3 cups paella rice and sauté with the Sofrito (onions, peppers, tomatoes, and spices mixture) until well coated.
- Pour in the stock slowly and stir gently until well distributed.
- Evenly distribute assorted vegetables of your choice or seafood over the top of the rice.
- Cook for about 30 minutes until the rice has absorbed most of the stock, do not stir.
- Turn off heat and cover for 10 minutes, then serve.