Pork Schnitzel & Simply Salted Veggies
Recipe courtesy of Friends of the Farmers Market
Pork Schnitzel Ingredients:
- Pork Cutlets
- Egg Wash
- Dijon Mustard
- Frying Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Pork Schnitzel Directions:
- Pound pork chops evenly with meat mallet until they are a consistent 1-3cm thin. Thinner is crispier and more tender.
- You will need one bowl of flour, one bowl with beaten eggs and Dijon mustard, and one bowl with panko. Take the pork chop and coat it with flour to absorb moisture, then dip in egg wash to give a binder for the panko, and lastly you will coat completely with panko covering the cutlet fully
- Heat your frying pan and 1/4 in. frying oil to medium high heat, fry one cutlet at a time until each side is golden brown and crisp. You can test the heat of the oil by dropping a bit of panko in to see if it bubbles. Because the meat is so thin, it won’t take a long time for it to cook through. Voila! Add salt and pepper to taste!
Simply Salted Veggies Ingredients:
- Whatever root vegetables you find at the farmers market
- Simply Salted Veggies
Simply Salted Veggies Directions:
- Wash, peel, and dice your potatoes and carrots to a consistent size so they cook at the same rate and are done at the same time.
- Bring heavily salted water and your vegetables to a boil, and then reduce to a soft simmer. Check frequently, the size of your vegetables determines your cook time. Once they are soft to your liking, strain and let cool. You may add herbs like rosemary or thyme from the market, or a pat of butter/olive oil for more richness and flavor. You could also make a cream sauce for the whole dish.